Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Critical Thinking Blog – Assignment #8


My thoughts on science and humanities slightly changed.  Reason being on everything we have read about, the interesting videos we saw, and the people we read about that made a large impact on our lives and I knew nothing about. I being a psychology major i really needed a good impute on how different and the same science and humanities is. I’ve also notice that psychology contains a whole lot of science that people do not notice; it’s not only on “reading the mind”. This course also opened me up on evolutionary psychology, something I knew nothing of.  All the controversy behind it actually scared me to open up to it more than I did , to be honest . One person we learned about was Albert Einstein, and that was actually my favorite book I read in the course “Einstein’s Dreams” by Alan Lightman. This book really showed me how philosophy can be put in to science  . HOW SCIENCE CAN BE OUT INTO ANYTHING! It’s really amazing. How life can change dramatically just if we made a simple change to the time. The book also showed me how much we rely on time , our world revolves around the time . We are missing out on how precious life is. Overall this course was incredible , It changed my perspective on a lot of things and opened my mind up to new things .

No comments:

Post a Comment